“I used Homelink for the first time this month. I found them to be very informative and willing to give any guidance on the property itself. They were very friendly and helpful at all times. Everything was organised very quickly and it only took a matter of days for them to find me a tenant. I certainly found it beneficial to have someone do all the legwork for me as I work full time. The other good thing is you do not pay anything until they find you a tenant. I found their rates to be very reasonable compared to a few other companies in Pembrokeshire. I would certainly use them again and would recommend them to my friends.”

D Williams


If you want more information, fill in this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.


If you currently own or intend to purchase residential property for rental in Pembrokeshire or West Carmarthenshire, please consider engaging our property management service. You'll find it both professional and cost-effective. As we are specialists, we know how to manage property for optimum performance, whilst ensuring smooth running tenancies, and compliance with the various landlord/tenant laws.

Our Fees
Our fees for FULL management are 10% of the achieved rent and a fee of £22.50 per six months to cover TDS and RSW regulation costs.  We are not VAT registered. We also charge a one off fee of £50.00 towards advertising. #

There is a charge of £99 for a tenancy agreement when a new tenant goes into a property and £19 for a tenancy renewal

Our Tenant finding fee is £300.00 plus £50.00 towards advertising.

Please click the link below or contact us on 01834 861160 for a no obligation chat.

Our Letting & Management Service includes:

  • Visiting you at your property, and providing a rental valuation and any other advice which you may require about letting your property.
  • Advising you on compliance with the various safety regulations.
  • Locating suitable tenants.
  • Accompanying applicants to view the property.
  • Obtaining and evaluating references and credit checks.   
  • Preparing a suitable tenancy agreement and arranging signature by the tenant.
  • Collecting and holding a bond and registering it with the TDS deposit scheme.
  • Preparing an inventory and schedule of condition.
  • Checking the tenant into the property and agreeing the inventory.
  • Supervising the transfer of gas, electricity and council tax accounts into the tenant's name.
  • Receiving rental payments monthly in advance, and forwarding to a bank account of your choice.
  • Provision of an emergency service seven days a week.
  • If required paying regular outgoings for you from rental payments.
  • Inspecting the property twice during the six month period. A copy of this report is sent direct to the landlord
  • Arranging any necessary repairs or maintenance, first liaising with you in the case of larger works.
  • Keeping in touch with the tenant on a routine basis, and arranging renewals of the agreement as necessary.
  • Seeing the tenants out of the property and checking the inventory, re-letting and continuing the process with the minimum of vacant periods to ensure that you receive the optimum return from your property.

If your property is mortgaged, you may have to obtain your mortgagee's written consent to the letting

You should ensure that you are suitably covered for letting under both your buildings and contents insurance. Failure to inform your insurers may invalidate your policies. We can advise on Landlord's Legal Protection, Landlord's Contents insurance, Public Liability Insurance is strongly advised.

Council tax
Council tax is the responsibility of the occupier. You should inform your local collection office that you are leaving the property. During vacant periods the charge reverts to the owner. When unoccupied but furnished, the charge is 50% of the normal rate. When unoccupied and unfurnished, there is no charge for the first six months, and thereafter a charge of 50% of the normal rate. We recommend that you confirm this with your local authority.

Energy Performance Certificate
When renting a property it is a legal requirement to provide a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate to any prospective tenant prior to a tenancy being agreed. A certificate remains valid for up to 10 years. Homelink are happy to instruct a qualified EPC assessor at a charge of £70 on your behalf. HOMELINK must have a copy of the EPC before we are legally able to commence advertising of your properties.

The inventory
It is most important that an inventory of contents and schedule of condition be prepared, in order to avoid misunderstanding or dispute at the end of a tenancy. Without such safeguards, it will be impossible for the landlord to prove any loss, damage, or significant deterioration of the property or contents. In order to provide a complete service to the landlord, we will if requested arrange for a member of staff to prepare an inventory and schedule of condition. The cost of this is included in our management package.

Income tax
When the landlord is resident in the UK, it is your responsibility to inform the Inland Revenue of rental income received, and to pay any tax due. However, where the landlord is resident outside the UK during a tenancy, under new rules effective from 6 April 1996, unless an exemption certificate is held, we as landlord's agents are obliged to retain and forward to the Inland Revenue on a quarterly basis, an amount equal to the basic rate of income tax from rental received, less certain expenses. An application form for exemption from such deductions is available from this Agency, and further information may be obtained from the Inland Revenue.

Property Licence
From 6 April 2006, mandatory Houses in Multiple Occupation (HM0) licensing will come into force across England. Landlords whose property is classed as an HMO will require a property licence. Licensing is aimed at raising management and amenity standards in the rented property sector.  Houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) in particular are often poorly managed and  in poor physical condition. Licensing will raise the standards of such accommodation and will also ensure that landlords are managing their HMOs to the required standards. Failure to apply for a licence is a criminal offence and can result in a fine of up to £20,000. To find out whether your property requires an HMO Licence there is an questionnaire available at which will inform you whether or not you need one.

Important safety regulations
The following safety requirements are the responsibility of the owner (the landlord), and where we are to manage the property, they are also ours as agents. Therefore to protect all interests we ensure full compliance with the appropriate regulations, at the owner's expense.

Gas Appliances & Equipment
Annual safety check: Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 all gas appliances and flues in rented accommodation must be checked for safety within 12 months of being installed, and thereafter at least every 12 months by a competent engineer (e.g. a Gas Safe registered gas installer).

There is a duty to ensure that all gas appliances, flues and associated pipework are maintained in a safe condition at all times.

Full records must be kept for at least 2 years of the inspections of each appliance and flue, of any defects found and of any remedial action taken.

Copies to tenants:
A copy of the safety certificate issued by the engineer must be given to each new tenant before their tenancy commences, or to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being carried out.

Electrical Appliances & Equipment
There are several regulations relating to electrical installations, equipment and appliance safety, and these affect landlords and their agents in that they are 'supplying in the course of business'. They include the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994, the Plugs and Sockets Regulations 1994, the 2005 Building Regulation - 'Part P, and British Standard BS1363 relating to plugs and sockets. Although with tenanted property there is currently no specific legal requirement for a qualified electrician to carry out an inspection and issue a safety certificate (as exists in the case of gas appliances), it is now widely accepted in the letting industry that the only safe way to ensure safety, and to avoid the risk of being accused of neglecting your 'duty of care', or even of manslaughter is to arrange such an inspection and certificate.

Furniture & Furnishings
The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (amended 1989, 1993 & 1996) provide that specified items supplied in the course of letting property must meet minimum fire resistant standards. The regulations apply to all upholstered furniture, and beds, headboards and mattresses, sofa-beds, futons and other convertibles, nursery furniture, garden furniture suitable for use in a dwelling, scatter cushions, pillows, and non-original covers for furniture. They do not apply to antique furniture or furniture made before 1950, bed clothes including duvets, loose covers for mattresses, pillowcases, curtains, carpets or sleeping bags. Therefore all relevant items as above must be checked for compliance, and non-compliant items removed from the premises. In practice, most (but not all) items which comply must have a suitable permanent label attached. Items purchased since 1.3.90 from a reputable supplier are also likely to comply.

General Product Safety
The General Product Safety Regulations 1994 specify that any product supplied in the course of a commercial activity must be safe. In the case of letting, this would include both the structure of the building and its contents. Recommended action is to check for obvious danger signs - leaning walls, broken glass, sharp edges etc., and also to leave operating manuals or other written instructions about high risk items, such as hot surfaces, electric lawnmowers, etc. for the tenant.

Preparing the property for letting
We have found from experience that a good relationship with tenants is the key to a smooth-running tenancy. As Property Managers the relationship part is our job, but it is important that the tenants should feel comfortable in their temporary home, and that they are receiving value for their money. Our policy of offering a service of quality and care therefore extends to our tenant applicants too, and we are pleased to recommend properties to rent which conform to certain minimum standards. Quality properties attract quality tenants.

General condition
Electrical, gas, plumbing, waste, central heating and hot water systems must be safe, sound and in good working order. Repairs and maintenance are at the landlord's expense unless misuse can be established.

Similarly, appliances such as washing machine, fridge freezer, cooker, dishwasher etc. should be in usable condition. Repairs and maintenance are at the landlord's expense unless misuse can be established.

Interior decorations should be in good condition, and preferably plain, light and neutral.

It is recommended that you leave only minimum furnishings, and these should be of reasonable quality. It is preferable that items to be left are in the property during viewings. If you are letting unfurnished, we recommend that the property contains carpets, curtains, and a cooker.

Personal items, ornaments etc
Personal possessions, ornaments, pictures, books etc. should be removed from the premises, especially those of real or sentimental value. Some items may be boxed, sealed and stored in the loft at the owner's risk. All cupboards and shelf space should be left clear for the tenant's own use.

Gardens should be left neat, tidy and rubbish-free, with any lawns cut. Tenants are required to maintain the gardens to a reasonable standard however we recommend any shrubs or trees are pruned yearly at the landlords expense.

At the commencement of a tenancy the property must be in a thoroughly clean condition, and at the end of each tenancy it is the tenant's responsibility to leave the property in similar condition. Where they fail to do so, cleaning should be arranged at their expense, however fair wear and tear has to be taken into consideration.

Information for the tenant
It is helpful if you leave information for us to pass on to the tenant  regarding operating the central heating and hot water system, washing machine and alarm system, and the day refuse is collected etc.

You should provide one set of keys for each tenant. Where we are Managing we will arrange to have duplicates cut as required.

rsw  tpo  safeagent   tds wales   

safeagent7  iiccoo  nrla